Friday, March 7, 2008

First Drawing Day


Back to the drawing board ... fucking literally.

Today I walked to my neighborhood Caffe Ladro and drew in my sketchbook ... and fucking yikes.

I knew the first day wasn't going to be pretty, and holy shit, was it ever rough. I've got a lot of work to do. It really hurts seeing the crap I'm currently capable of, but I'm determined to get back to where I was.

The good news is that the shit state I'm in has forced me to come up with a real plan to climb out of this funk.

I hope by maintaining this blog and posting my progress, I'll be forced to set some time aside everyday to just sit and draw. I'll be posting life drawing, self-portraits, concepts for an indie video game project and original cartoons for a comic I want to develop.

It'll be basic and low-tech ... no digital paintings, maybe some animations later down the road, but for now just pencils and pen and ink on paper. Hopefully after I've worked on this blog a while, I'll be able to get a revamped online portfolio up. Until then, my portfolio presence online is kaput.


So ... I gotta dig my scanner out and hope I can find a Vista driver for it. If not, I'll do my scanning from work.

I'm gonna try to go the Art/Not Terminal drawing session tomorrow morning. I'm ready for the pain.

Peace.


No comments: